Thursday, July 23, 2009

PICC this

Well we went and saw the surgeon today, and he thought that the wound would be healed enough in another 2 weeks or so. Then they would put another port in. They are just being super cautious with the second port, so we don’t have to have a repeat port infection.

Tomorrow, bright and early I have to bring Ezra into the hospital to get another PICC line put in. They don’t want to delay his chemo incase his wound ends up taking longer to heal than they think.

Assuming the PICC placement goes well, Ezra is also scheduled to receive his first rounds of chemo in his next phase, Interim Maintenance.  I will explain that more in detail tomorrow.

I can’t wait for this week to be over. I am sure Ezra feels the same.

3 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you and sweet Ezra all day. I know this is not easy. But my friend you are doing it with Grace. Ezra is one strong boy with a very strong mother.
    Hugs to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to both or you. Continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guy. I will pray for his comfort.

    ReplyDelete